Last week in Reception we:
- Read the book Paper Dolls
- Learnt a new tricky word and the phonemes – ‘was’, ‘ee- feet’, ‘igh- night’
- Extended our knowledge of number bonds to 5 and beyond with various resources
- Rehearsed in the hall with Nursery for our Christmas Show
This week in Reception we will be:
- Learning new tricky words and phonemes – ‘igh- night’, ‘oa- goat’, ‘you’
- Writing Christmas wish lists
- Consolidating knowledge of number bonds to 10
At home you can:
- Read with your child and write in their reading record
- Recap last week’s sounds and letter stories – ‘ee’, ‘or’, ‘was’,
- Continue to practise the 8 signs learnt last term
- Write a letter to Santa and bring it into school
Thank you so much to all of you for joining in the celebrations for my birthday! I had a great day and was overwhelmed by all the surprises!
I am also very proud of the children who performed in the Christmas Show. They were amazing!