Last week in Reception we:
- Learnt the phonemes ‘j’, ‘v’, ‘w’, ‘x’ and recapped the tricky words ‘into’, ‘to’, ‘go’, ‘no’, ‘the’.
- Continued to learn about the season of Autumn
- Used Numberblocks to develop our understanding of ordering numbers
- Learnt some more Makaton signs
- Created splatter paintings
This week in Reception we will be:
- Learning the phonemes ‘y’, ‘z’, ‘zz’, ‘qu’ and the tricky word ‘he’.
- Continuing to learn about the season of Autumn
- Using Numberblocks to develop our understanding of number and using Cherry models to show our number sentences
- Learning some more Makaton signs linked to an Autumn story
At home you can:
- Read stories and ask your child which is their favourite part and why
- Read your child’s books and write in their reading record
- Ask your child to retell you our Autumn story using Makaton signs