Last week in Reception we:
- Learnt the phonemes ‘y’, ‘z’, ‘zz’, ‘qu’ and the tricky word ‘he’.
- Continued to learn about the season of Autumn
- Used Numberblocks to develop our understanding of number and using Cherry models to show our number sentences
- Learnt some more Makaton signs linked to an Autumn story
This week in Reception we will be:
- Learning the phonemes ‘ch’, ‘sh’, ‘th’, ‘ng’ and the tricky word ‘she’.
- Beginning to learn our Christmas Play Songs
- Using Numberblocks to develop our understanding of number and using Cherry models to show our number sentences
- Learning some more Makaton signs linked to an the story Dear Zoo
- Going on the minibus to visit the library (Wednesday)
At home you can:
- Read stories and ask your child which is their favourite part and why
- Read your child’s books and write in their reading record
- Ask your child to retell Dear Zoo using Makaton signs