Last week in Reception we:
- Looked at local maps and houses
- Continued to make friends and learn together
- Listened to Elmer the Elephant stories
- Learnt some more Makaton signs
This week in Reception we will be:
- Learning the phonemes ‘p’, ‘i’, ‘n’, ‘m’, ‘d’ and the tricky word ‘the’.
- Continuing to make friends and learn together
- Continuing to discuss different houses
- Using Numberblocks to develop our understanding of number
- Learning some more Makaton signs
At home you can:
- Read stories and ask your child which is their favourite part and why
- Email a photo of your child for our class display (If you haven’t already done so)
- Continue to look at different houses on your road and discuss the differences
- Remember to attend the Phonics Evening on Thursday at 7pm.
Here are a few pictures from this week.